Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Oct 6, 2009 update, pic from the Week of September 13, 2009


OK, I admit it. I took a picture of Dad when he was sleeping the last week he was with us end of September before he went to Kansas. That is the wedding picture of him and mother from April 26, 1953. They were married 49 years and 50 weeks. Mothers funeral was the day before Easter 2003.

I talked to him on the phone tonight, and his voice is returning, so there are some short-term gains as the radiation continues to wear off. We're exactly 3 weeks out from his last radiation treatment.

He went to the "Kirby House" restaurant last night with Gordon and Camilla, and had his favorite, chicken fried steak. He pretty much eats what he wants these days, and that is the way it should be. Gordon, Karen and I agree on this, but not everyone in the family does. Reminds me of my Grandfather when he was 92 saying "If I can't eat what I want to now, when will I be able to?"

There are some huge gains coming up soon, as the Lord gently takes down Dad's tent. We have grace and peace - and it will be hard to say goodbye. We know we will see him again.