Friday, September 18, 2009

September 18, 2009 - click to enlarge pics



Interesting week. Tuesday was radiation treatment #10 (of 15), and Dad had enough of being dizzy and the fatigue/sleeping all the time routine. We had a nice chat during one of the rare times he was awake, and he said it is his wish to stop the treatments ... so I picked up the phone and ... no more radiation!

Today we took Dad to Patrick & Karen (my older sister) in Kansas, and he will enjoy visits with friends and family in their home Olathe for a couple weeks. She will be able to determine his needs and she and I will set up a medical team in Abilene/Salina for him. Followup MRI will be in Kansas around October 27 d.v. The future is uncertain as far as we are concerned, and certain as far as God is concerned. Daily Light was good today. Nice summary of our parents work in the Philippines here.

He will then stay for a time in our family home in Abilene, Kansas (where he and mother lived 1979-2003) and be under the care of some of his children (and spouses) every day, a rotation will be organized and managed by Karen.

You are welcome to visit him there, and coordinate with Karen (or whoever is at the house with him). The Abilene house is at 302 NE 11th (you can get specific directions from Karen), and he would enjoy all visits (except during his "siesta").

November 9 is his 85th birthday, and I am sure there will be some kind of birthday celebration in Abilene some time in the fall.

As I get reports from whoever is with him, and from my observations on my visits to Kansas, I will update this blog. Thanks for your interest in our Dad, and for your prayers. He is at peace.